Thursday, March 18, 2004

Live Through This

From page 21 of Betsy Prioleau's Seductress: Women Who Ravished the World and Their Lost Art of Love:

Summarizing the current campaign for sexual empowerment, pop diva Courtney Love concludes that "its like any frontier, there's going to be all kinds of doors to kick down and sorts of people to kick in the head." Men, however, can't be brought around by "tantrums" and blows to the skull. For this one we need charm, cunning and an operating manual that works.

You hear that, Courtney? No, she probably doesn't. I can't believe I thought she was cool in the early-mid 90's. How embarassing and pathetic. A few weeks ago Chris and I were driving and listening to the radio, a new song was being played and he asked if it was Love. My response was "Oh Geez, it's just a really terrible imitation of her." Turns out it was her new single. But I stand by my original impression, she's a terrible caricature of earlier herself. Whatever interesting was once about her is long long gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home