Friday, December 16, 2005

The Hidden Expenses of Parenthood

Last year in our anticipation of all things baby, we purchased a new sofa and chair and stain guarded the micro-fiber upholstery with a chemical so powerful, bodily fluids bead on it. It has been put through the test numerous times this year, especially during the Spring of Spit Up, and has passed with flying colors. If you came to my house, you'd have no idea what was once done on the very spot you're sitting.

Now that the boy is mobile, the square metal and glass coffee table is a major threat. It's been responsible for at least 3 lumps on his head and it's only a matter of time before he hits the corner and needs stitches.

So tonight I ordered this coffee table as a replacement. It's the safest one I could find excluding the one made by Nerf.

6 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I bookmarked that site - thanks.
d.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A friend with a glass table went to Loew's or Home Depot and bought 12 feet of soft rubber edging and put it around their table- it's still there and I haven't banged my knees since, either.

He'll bang his head on the congo table too, but it will be more fun for spontaneous drumming events.

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger early hours of sky said...

I think he might actually knock himself out on that or pull himself to the top and jump off.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger RL said...

My concern is sharp edges -- this doesn't have any. Our floors are hard and he hits his head off of them -- there's no way he's not going to hit his head off something. It's splitting it open that I'm worried about.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What do you use to protect your sofa from baby vomit?

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger RL said...

When we bought the sofa, we got it stain guarded with whatever the manufacter used -- and I use a hand-held steam vac to clean stains.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home