Saturday, December 24, 2005

People Always Ask . . .

. . . if having my birthday on Christmas means I get gypped out of presents.

No, not really. Relatives tend to remember my birthday because its on Christmas.

Presents are never an issue.

Birthday parties -- well, that's a little different. I almost always get a cake (in my adult years TB usually provides it). But birthday-centered celebrations? Nope. Friends are busy celebrating the holiday with their families. As a child I had two birthday parties, at age 6 and age 11 (not on my actual birthday, but near). Not many kids were around to attend. As an adult, I've had one "dinner with friends" celebration that I instructed Chris to throw. I've never told him to do another one and well, he's a dude, if I don't tell him, it's never going to happen.

People tell me I should celebrate my birthday in July or some other time so I can have a big party and get more presents. Never had any desire. I like my holiday birthday and I'm alright sharing the spotlight with Jesus. I mean, the rest of the year is all about me, I can share one day with a savior.

But hey, thanks for asking!

8 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Charles said...

Personally, I think Jesus is sharing your spotlight...

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I understand- my birthday is January 4th- I get little notes on tags that say- "this is for your birthday, too!" as if it means the gift is better or more expensive. And by the 4th EVERYONE is on a diet or health regimen or some other thing so no one wants a cake.

But it's okay- I usually take myself to dinner and buy myself something really nice.

Happy Birthday, Reb!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Radish King said...

HAPPY REBECCAMAS!
xox
TOR

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger David HG said...

Happy B-Day...we'll pour you a drink at day 2 of our poetry bash.

www.plightoftroubadour.blogspot.com

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Anthony Robinson said...

Happy Happy!

Heart,
Tony

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Eduardo C. Corral said...

HAPPY REBECCAMAS!

HAPPY JESUS DAY!

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Steven D. Schroeder said...

A toast in your honor...

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Jeannine said...

Happy Birthday/Rebeccasmass/holidays :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home