Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Your Red State Update

Just got back from standing in line with my freedom-hating, fit-pitching son. I asked him if he wanted the terrorists to win and explained how mommy wasn't a cut and runner and she'd be staying the course until she got her chance to vote.

Everyone loved us, wanted us to stick around and vote all day long, I think. Went at 11 a.m., hoping I'd miss the long wait, but didn't. Well, it might not really have been that long, might have only felt like it with the agony of democracy nipping at my ankles.

Other Reston celebrities (aside from Gideon) seen in line: Robert E. Smith, the town founder (yeah, our town founder is still alive).

Big turn-out in my precinct, 25% voted by 9 a.m.

3 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger shanna said...

Woohoo. Way to stick it out. Tell Gideon he's made us all proud, protesting at the polls like that.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger François Luong said...

Your town founder is named "Robert Smith"? I cannot tell you how the musical nerd in me is amused.

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that guy was just some 4th place contestant from the Lake Anne Hemingway Look-A-Like Contest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home