Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New Goal

This morning at Pilates I decided to make a new goal for myself. By age 40 I want to be able to touch my toes while bending -- something I've never been able to do, not even as a child. Crazy tight ham strings, yet I have loosey goosey swivel hips and able to sit in all kinds of weirdo positions. Lotus position? Incredibly comfortable, can do it for hours. Hell, I can vacuum the house in lotus. Bending and stretching? I'm like a dood. Bring out the biggest blocks cause I ain't budging. Total freak of nature.

Figure if I can't do it by 40, I'll likely never be able to do it. So tick tock, baby. Time to stretch.

3 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Glenn Ingersoll said...

What've you got? 15 years? Plenty o' time.

I started taking yoga two months before my 30th birthday with the following unrealistic goals: sit, stand, lie down.

Still working on those! (12 years later.) But I've made a lot of progress.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger RL said...

Nah, 5 years -- but I always work best with a deadline.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Marcus said...

Wow - you're giving me a flashback - I had forgotten how you (used to?) often just end up sitting in the Lotus position (or close to it) by default when relaxing - similar to how some people feel comfortable sitting with crossed legs, or sitting on one leg, etc. Interesting.

I don't have any specific physical goals for 40, besides staying healthy overall (and maybe to continue to improve my eating habits).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home