Friday, March 21, 2008

Headed to Pittsburgh tomorrow. On Monday I'll be at CMU speaking at Jim Daniel's poetry workshop. No offense intended to the grad students out there, but I'm looking forward to talking with some undergrads -- anticipating an atmosphere with a lot less publishing/agent anxiety. Or at least I hope, you never know. Kids mature so very quickly these days.

There's a few things, while having plenty of nice results and associations, I'm not interested in repeating due to the nutty levels of anxiety that come along with them. They are: Planning a wedding, birthing a baby and being a recent MFA graduate.

Anxiety from a distance, hearing about TB's wedding planning, seeing a pregnant woman waddle down the street and my feeble attempts to convey to people that their poetry "careers" will not be destroyed by doing a little DIY or posting work on a blog -- that they might possibly be much better off taking control over how their own work is distributed, well, that's plenty of anxiety for me.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Lee Herrick said...

Hope Pittsburgh goes well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home