Monday, July 21, 2008

Oh and I had another poet dream last night. My first John Ashbery dream -- move over C. Dale! In this dream Ashbery was in bed talking about difficulty and complexity in art. I made an argument that there was room for both ease and difficulty in art, but he must have convinced me otherwise because then I made an analogy of how painful it would be to sit through a six hour broadway play, how predictable and dull it would be and Ashbery was all Exactly! Then he tried to teach Gideon how to play "Uncle" but Gideon insisted on making the other kid say "uncle" three times and it came off as unnecessarily aggressive. That's because Gideon already learned how to play "Uncle" from Hulk Hogan. I suggested Hulk wasn't so smart. Ashbery agreed.

3 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Montgomery Maxton said...

i *heart* the rebeccas

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger C. Dale said...

I cannot believe you have stolen Ashbery from my dreams. I hope he stays in yours and stops visiting mine!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

Last night I dreamed about going down on Albert Goldbarth (swear ta ga) in a Catholic Church. I remember thinking it was "very Sister Act."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home