Monday, July 28, 2008

Things have been skimpy here, sorry. Using all that genius last week over at the BAP blog and during the Joe Milford interview has pretty much left me spent. Right now I'm working on No Tell galleys and watching Earth Girls are Easy cause I have all that is Jeff Goldblum in my TiVO wishlist.

Today Gideon I walked to the nearby lake so he could play on pointy concrete playgrounds. It was all built in the late 60's when I guess people had a lot more children and didn't worry about one or two cracking their skulls. But these days it's regarded as sort of a series of mini-terrordomes where parents stand around nervously watching their children and crapping themselves. Or usually that's the case. This afternoon there was a couple not watching their three children under the age of 5. That's cause they were too busy making out. Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I think if you have three children under the age of 5, you should have worked that making out in public out of your system. I don't know, maybe those weren't their kids, maybe they were just crappy babysitters.

3 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Annandale Dream Gazette said...

oh my god when I first read that I read it as the 3 children under 5 making out! Ha! ...ew. So I guess it could be worse than 2 adults making out on the playground--at least they weren't screaming at and clobbering each other (the parents, that is--the kids probably were).

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Jill Stengel said...

parents of three little kids need distractions like playgrounds to even have a chance to make out! trust me. i'm in the know.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger RL said...

Ah, point taken. I'll try to be less judgmental in the future!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home