Saturday, January 17, 2009

Every year I order my Vedic astrology report -- I just received 2009 and for the third year in a row my initial response is regret. Oh great, another crap year, so glad I paid for that news. But I knew that before I received my 2009 predictions -- while there are things I'm really looking forward to this year, like a new government, there's so much more work that needs to be done and much of it won't be pleasant or easy. But pleasant and easy isn't always what we need. I am sorry to hear about all the folks who posted or backchanneled about their presses struggling. It sucks, no doubt about it. Anne B. in the comment field of the last post is quite right. We should embrace our recession poetry predicament and see where it can take us. What it forces us to consider, to do and become. I'm going to try to do that as much as possible in as many parts of my life as I can. I'm just hoping it doesn't force me to become a cannibal or something.


Mmm, hope for a brighter future -- in good time.

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

I hope we get an economy bounce from Obama really soon. We just need an infusion of hope and Bush out of office. I'll feel better in a few days time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home