Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Enough

My little dance card is filling all up. You know how I always moan about not getting readings in DC? Well, I can't moan about that anymore. I had two last year and have three scheduled for 2009 so far, two of which are happening in the next two weeks (I'll post more on that soon). This Saturday I'll be moderating a New Media panel at a fiction conference. That's right, the fiction folks are turning to the poets for guidance, hah hah, the end of days is near. In April I'll be moderating another panel about the amazing publishing opportunities and freedoms poets can enjoy, if only they embraced them. It's up against a "contest panel" which is entirely fitting and makes me quite happy.

I may be speaking up north at some respectable university in April and they say they're gonna pay me. Happy.

I'm focusing my time on Karl Parker's PERSONATIONSKIN galleys and writing my own poems and finishing God Damsel. I'm learning a lot writing the book and don't want to rush it, but I also feel like the time is approaching to wrap it up. So far I have over 120 pieces and I intend on writing another 20-50 and then figuring out how I'm going to put it all together. Don't be too impressed with my big numbers, these are mostly short pieces. As a busy mom, I can't be writing long poems. Mary Behm-Steinberg already agreed to design the cover (another thing that makes me happy) and maybe do some illustrations. I'm pleased.

I'll be posting lots of poem drafts. If you're not into that kind of thing, this blog might not be your bag for a while. Sorry, I don't have time to pick fights and get unfriended on Facebook. Too much to do. I have to get into shape for NaPoWriMo. The dreams and tarot readings all say the same thing: Get to work and weave that despair into the jigsaw banner.

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Reen said...

Yes, it is time to begin pre-NaPoWriMo stretching, so that we do not get cramps or wheezes when the big endurance race arrives!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home