Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Tyranny of Fabric

From Brent's "yesnomaybe" (a verse novella):

. . . still her voice
echoes in your head like a demented nursery-rhyme:
Red rover, red rover, tell asshole it's over.


Almost finished reading his manuscript and I think he should call it either Wicked Homage or, my preference, The Tyranny of Fabric. Maybe my next manuscript will be called The Tyranny of Panty Hose.

Brent's currently commenting on my manuscipt and suggested that we write reviews of each other's in the form of poems. If mine don't suck too hard, I'll post them here. I started re-writing some Bon Jovi Lyrics for Brent. To be sung to the tune "It's My Life:"

This ain't a poem for the broken-brented
No silent prayers for the homeless poet


Ok, that's all I got so far, but it's the thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home