Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Aw fuck

Another one of my great ideas stolen by D-list celebs and pathetic hipsters. I fucking hate them all. I never should have blogged about my shoot until the photos were up. I spoke to Brent last night and he said my Target pics (along with the others) will be ready by this weekend.

But just so you know, there's nothing remotely "hip" about my photos. I don't have any tattoos or snakes or severe eyebrows, I'm not chugging a beer, I'm not massaging an amorous dog (ew). I wasn't being ironic or slumming. I honestly was doing my shopping and enjoying myself.

5 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you didn't get your pictures up before getting your picture taken at Target became totally uncool. They ruined it for everyone. But let's see those pictures anyway, slacker!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger shanna said...

i live right near the atlantic terminal shopping center, and was pretty disturbed by that writer's characterization of the locals as "trash make the pathmark unusable" and who "beat their kids." i wonder if she even realized she was confessing deep racial bias? since p-diddy's shirt's slogan is the new tagline for his get-the-black-youth-vote-out program, that line about "vote or die--die! die!" appalled as well. ew--way more so than amorous dogs!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger shanna said...

Actually, I conflate. The Gawker reporter makes the P-Diddy comment, and the attendee who wrote in for the quoted portion makes the trash and kid-beating remarks. So much the worse that they run in packs.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger RL said...

True, there is much that is wrong with that gawker post.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger RL said...

The gawker redaction:
http://www.gawker.com/topic/corrections-and-redactions-018048.php

 

Post a Comment

<< Home