Thursday, March 03, 2005

Feast & Famine

I'm not going to post another "I'm getting the hang of this thing" like I did last week because not even a day after I did I had a mini-meltdown. Then another mini-meltdown a few days after that. Nothing on the "send her to an institution" level, but I don't like losing my cool and I've been losing my cool and I know this is all normal and par for the course, but I don't like it one bit. I believe I can start exercising now, so later today I intend on moving Chris' electric saw off my dusty treadmill and giving that a try. If that goes OK, I'll probably sign up for pilates (something new for me) in the next few weeks and resume yoga class in April. There's a post-partum yoga class Gideon and I can attend together. I'm not really sure what goes on there, but I imagine I'll need to pack plenty of diapers. I hope Gideon won't be as big of a whiner about the whole thing as his dad. Don't care how old you are, I don't like my men whining.

In Gideon's first two weeks he's gained 1 pound, 4 ounces and grown 3/4 of an inch, so at least I know we're doing one thing right. We're feeding him enough. Speaking of eating, I don't know how much of it I'll be doing starting today because today is Chris' first day back at the office. He's been preparing all of my meals these past two weeks (aside from some bananas, bowls of cereal and a pop tart). He's under the impression I'll be OK and won't eat the baby, but I'm not so sure.

Despite that every photo I've posted of myself has been of me sleeping, I have been slowly (and I do mean slowly) getting work done. I'm almost done going through and responding to the No Tell subs. Not a minute too soon -- March 15th is almost here. I toyed with the idea of pushing the reading period back a few more weeks, but I've given so many people that date that I'll probably just leave it as is.

I have a few small and fun writing projects to work on for this month. I'm not going to announce any of them here until I actually complete them -- just to cover my ass and not look like an irresponsible slacker. In April I plan to start work on a bigger project that should also be a lot of fun and hopefully ready by the end of the year. It's an anthology and it's a little naughty.

My first scheduled venture out into the literary scene will be on April 23 when I'll be on a panel (literature on the web) at the Writer's Center small press conference.

Reading everyone's Vancouver AWP plans makes me despondent I'm not attending, but dems be da breaks. I'll resume my full-scale debauchery in 2006/Austin. I'll have a lot to make up for.

5 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm impressed. I don't do a damn thing for at least the first three months. Cut yourself some slack!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger RL said...

I haven't done any of it yet! Well, except that I did finish responding to all the No Tell submissions this morning.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger early hours of sky said...

Wow three months, mine are ten and six and I still dont think I have done anything yet;)
Reb, just keep sleeping and make sure you dont leave the baby on top of the car when you are driving off to Yoga class. That would be bad.

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait til you get back to the debauchery. We got this big bottle of cachaca with your name on it!

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I guess I should clarify...I meant, I don't even think of what I'm planning to do for at least three months. *lol* BTW, if you ever want to talk babies drop me an email. I remember how tough it was the first time around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home