Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Odd Ends

I'm trying to get everything squared away before I leave on the 29th. While in Paris I'll be meeting up with Andrew Johnston of The Page and later Roderick Maclean. That should be fun.

------------------

I've sent out about half of the Bedside Guide contracts, I hope to send out the other half this evening.

Helpful hint: When submitting to online journals, submit using the e-mail address where you wish to receive your reply. Don't send from one address and say "but respond using this address." Or even worse, just including your real address in your signature file thinking I'll pick up on the difference. I've responded to hundreds of submissions in a very short time. When responding I hit the REPLY button.

------------------

Received confirmation from AWP for the 2006 Bookfair in Austin. No Tell Motel and The Canary will share a table.

------------------

Still working with Matt Shindell and Mike Snider on the collaborate verse play we'll perform next week in Baltimore.

It's um, interesting.

I put in an old song my grandfather (Nick, not Charles who sometimes wrote poems) used to sing me:

Nobody loves me.
Everybody hates me.
I'm gonna go eat worms.
Big fat juicy ones.
Little tiny squirmy ones.
I'm gonna go eat worms.

2 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

You missed verse two:

Bite their heads off
Chew their tales off
Throw the skins away

I don't see how
Anybody can eat
worms three times a day!

It was one of my childhood songs.

Also, I sent the contract, but forgot (like the preggo idiot I am) to sign it. So you'll be getting another from me. Fun!

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger RL said...

Someone else told me there were more verses, but my grandfather only sang the first one.

Wait until you're a mother. The idiot factor is tenfold.

At least that's my excuse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home