Tuesday, August 09, 2005

It's OK to Escape

Probably my last post until I get back to the states.

The waitress at breakfast used "escape" instead of "leave" -- when I asked if I needed to sign for anything she replied "It's OK for you to escape." I kind of liked escaping from breakfast.

Leave it to the Italians to turn a croissant into a cream-filled doughnut.

It's going to be odd going back to cereal, yogurt and bananas during the day. Maybe I'll spice up my life and start making cucumber salads.

Folks have asked if I miss Gideon. I do, but Chris' sister e-mails a daily poop update (I'm serious). So it's just like he's here. He pooped four times yesterday. See, I can be thousands of miles away and still be a good mother.

It's interesting and sometimes kind of disturbing to see which aspects of American culture take hold in other cultures. I think: there I am suffering in the states being inundated with that crap and here you guys choose it! Maybe I'm choosing it too. Yes, I'm very guilty of choosing of it. It's a very guilty planet we inhabit. Here.

2 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, what is that bloody head? By the way this is from your Mother. I couldn't figure out how to sign in.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger RL said...

Mother, I got you a book from the musuem that will explain all about the head and other artworks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home