Thursday, October 13, 2005

Informal Poll - Happy Hour or Pajama Party?

About AWP -- yes, the Christmas-rolled-in-bacon-and-sex AWP in Austin that is still five months away.

Which No Tell Motel event would you be more likely to attend?

1. An early evening happy hour at an establishment near the conference hotel. You would most likely have to buy your own drinks. The event would end early and you could go to other parties or the "big dance" and gawk at drunk writers shimmying to "Hey-yeah."

2. A late evening (that ran until late night) pajama party at an Austin residence. It would be a six minute drive (mostly freeway) from the conference hotel. Drinks and food would be provided. Attendees would be expected to wear pajamas. There would be a high probability of inappropriate groping. Photographs may be taken. The following morning may be tinged with regret and embarassment.

11 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got the residence...

on another note, i am headlong into sorting out a venue(s) for unAWP readings and stuff to do after dark en masse.

i still got the residence...

scott "gkueqzq" pierce

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger RL said...

Well Scott, I already have a residence for the pajama party selected. But perhaps your residence could be used for the "Brunch of Shame" the next day?

March 8 - 11 is the conference, Jill. Yes, you can hang out with me, but only if you're wearing pajamas.

Signed,
The Ass Grabbiest Woman You Know

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Radish King said...

I come to Austin for the pajama party, but I would rather set my own hair on fire than go to the AWP.

p.s. I promise not to set my own hair on fire at the party

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow- I guess if I go to Austin it'll probably be for the Austin International Poetry Festival in late April so I won't be at the AWP- but if I were to come for that, I'd definately go for the pajama jamma, mamma.

shann palmer

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger RL said...

Rebecca, yes, please don't catch my friend's house on fire. He just bought it. But please come to the pajama party. We can braid each other's hair.

Shann, there will be a DC launch party in January or February. You can go to that. It won't be a pajama party though.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Eduardo C. Corral said...

I'm already wearing my Ron Silliman pajamas.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Emily Lloyd said...

A pajama party in the hand is worth two happy hours in the--okay, maybe not. But a pajama party, absolutely. I will only set figurative fires with Loudon.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we have a seance and practice our levitation skills too? At least that's what we did at slumber parties when I was 11... Oooo, now we can do it with booze!

Forget a pajama party in 5 months -I almost wore them to work this morning - electric pink flannel with white polka dots. Can you get fired for that?

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Charles said...

Happy hour, please! By pajama time I'll be busy fellating every NEA winner and major journal editor!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

Pajamas!!!!!

But this is the kind of thing that'll depend in part on whether the belly (hopefully no longer a belly) stays in ATL or comes to Austin with the hubby....

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Radish King said...

Holy crapy, this thread made me lose my professional composure at my place of employment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home