Monday, October 10, 2005

My Unremarkable Weekend

I love my new glasses, but am concerned they may be too delicate and easily break. They have a one year guarantee. I have one year to teach Gideon not to grab them.

The optometrist didn't ask me if I was from Pittsburgh. He already had it noted on my file. He asked me if I was still a student and I said no, not since January 2001. He did ask if I go back to Pittsburgh very often.

He also said I should hurry up and have another baby because then it would be much easier. I asked him if he had children and he said 4. It occurred to me he's probably at work 12 hours a day and had no idea what the hell he was talking about.

I replied that I was waiting for medical science to catch up so Chris could be pregnant with the next baby. (He's so much bigger and stronger than me, that long torso, all that space! -- it seems only right) The optometrist said he bets lots of men would be interested in having such an experience.

That was when I knew he had no idea what he was talking about.

Or he was one of those psycho lying optometrists we hear so much about.


I screwed up the TiVO and the season premiere of Smallville got recorded over -- much to the chagrin of Tender Buttons.

Said I was sorry about 10 times.

Sorry.

As noted in the comments, Chris did not wreck and hurt himself on his ride. He did catch a cold. Now I have a cold. Gideon has a runny nose too, but I think that's related to his teething. His first tooth is coming in and it's sharp.

It looks like I'll be able to make the Shanna Compton/Jennifer L. Knox reading tomorrow evening.

I'm getting out of the house. Pip pip!

11 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still stung by the Smallville premiere tragedy. And I woke up Sunday with a cold. I'm never hanging out with you people again.

TB

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yeah my pediatrician has like 12 kids.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jennifer knox is really great. she is in the latest miporadio and shanna will be on there sometime this week.

d.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Carly said...

alas, i've been roped into the rouge so bring the gals for the after poetry party and toast my first night of tending the bar solo!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Radish King said...

My pediatrician died a week after my son was born. He was 42 years old. His last words to me were Make sure he eats lots of red meat.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger David Amulet said...

Wait a minute ... your OPTOMETRIST was telling you to hurry up and have another kid? That's none of his business -- what kind of doctor does he think he is?

Creepy.

-- d.a.

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pediatrician died a week after my son was born. He was 42 years old. His last words to me were Make sure he eats lots of red meat.

Coincidence? Hmmm...

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, where's the pictures of the new specs?

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Damn, I wanted to go to the Shanna reading but I have a lousy chest cold. Ugh!!

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger RL said...

Everybody is on my case to breed again. Probably because I create fabulous babies.

Alas, the only babies I'm going to be making any time soon are my darling little poemies.

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having 17 babies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home