Monday, October 24, 2005

My Opinion Matters

I'll be judging one of poetry contests for the Poetry Society of Virginia. I won't say which of the contests I'll be doing, so enter all 28 if you want that "edge". Actually the judging is blind, so unless you drop your name in the poem (which is probably against the rules too), I'll have no idea who sent what. Don't worry if you're my friend and think I might recognize your work. The truth is, I've never read your work. The only poems I read are my own.

3 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, thanks! As a former Vice-President (Central) for the PSV, and current student contest coordinator and Poetry in the Schools liason, I appreciate your help and effort (I'm also on the contest committee).

Most of the poems will be better than you think- some will be worse than you can imagine. So basically, it's a typical submission melange.

State Poetry society's often get a (deserved) bad rap- garden-party poetry, little old ladies- but I personally hate nature and am NOT a lady.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger RL said...

Well obviously! You guys invited me to judge.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yeah- but Helen obviously followed through and you said yes-

I've barely unpacked all my stuff from the festival-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home