Thursday, October 20, 2005

Jalapeno Pepper Ice Cream by Chris (I gave him a baby, so I don't cook anymore)

for T-Rob, Rebecca, Jeffery and anyone who blogs about food

Peppers from my dad's garden




Limes from Harris Teeter




Ice cream maker/Christmas gift from Aunt Diane & Uncle Marty




I don't much care for jalapeno pepper ice cream -- notice my store bought cookie dough ice cream in the corner


Recipe for Chris Morrow's Jalapeno Love Ice Cream

Ingredients:
4 peppers
Peel of 2 limes
2 tbsp lime juice
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup whole milk
16 oz heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla

Parboil peppers
Cool peppers
Mix peppers, juice, peel and blend until finely chopped
Mix in milk, sugar until smooth and fully blended
Mix in heavy cream stir quickly
Pour into ice cream maker
Spin until firm

Eat!

6 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Carly said...

Yum, reminds me of red hot elvis!!!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger RL said...

I think red hot elvis was the inspiration.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Radish King said...

I've been thinking about this all day. The idea of having an ice cream maker, especially. I think I need to get married so I can get some sweet gifts, then I'll kill him.

p.s. I came back here to look for ice cream and I found a bunch of thinky posts. Now I have to go back and read them and maybe think.

Jeeze.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Radish King said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger RL said...

That's a good idea. If nobody figures out that you killed him, you'll also get all that sweet widow sympathy in addition to those sweet gifts. People will offer to mow your lawn and bake you lasagnas.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Radish King said...

I really don't see a downside to all this. I'm going to go sign up with the bridal registries tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home