Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"Having It" is not "Free"

The Burlesque Poetry Hour will premiere on Monday, January 30 at 8 p.m. at Bar Rouge in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC.

When I write "poets taking it off" I'm not using one of my fancy poet metaphors. I mean it in the literal sense, the poets reading will take something off their persons (am I saying that right?) and that item will be auctioned to the highest bidder. Who runs off with all that scratch, you ask? The readers, of course. It's their payment and encouragement not to suck.

So yes, the readings are free -- but you'll want to have some cash on your person because these poets don't take American Express.

Readers for January: Kim Addonizio, Deborah Landau, Matthew Zapruder

More information here.

2 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger David HG said...

The Troubadour clan will be there! Can't wait.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger CLAY BANES said...

I've already seen Matthew Zapruder naked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home