Tuesday, January 03, 2006

HOT Like . . .

The Christmas tree is still up. I thought about taking it down yesterday, but it's so damn pretty I'm going to leave it up until this weekend. I'll probably leave my wreath up until Valentine's. It's the best wreath yet. Every year I decorate a new wreath and nobody notices it. Last year's was awful, I was exhausted and flustered. I took a bunch of cheap old Santa ornaments and red bows and just threw it together. It really bothered me. TB responded to my despair -- "Why worry about it? It's not like anybody notices your wreaths."

So this year I showed her, I showed them all. Well, actually I didn't show TB, she hasn't been to the house since its been up and that's probably why it'll stay up until Valentine's. I put all my love and passion into this wreath and I got TWO compliments! The first comments ever on my wreaths.

Maybe I'll take a blurry photo of it.

This coming Saturday I was supposed to read with Joe Massey in Baltimore. Most of you know that he didn't make it out to the east coast. He had asked me to buy him an "I Fuck Like a Girl" tee shirt so we could match. I was planning to buy him one -- but I was going to throw in a twist. I wasn't going to wear my "Like a Girl" tee shirt. I was going to have a special "I Fuck Like Joe Massey" tee shirt made. Hilarious.

I'll still be reading on Saturday at Clayton & Co. Fine Books (317 N. Charles Street) with Marianne Amoss and another poet (all I got was her first name, Miriam). Reading starts at 4 p.m. I decided I'm going to read work that I'm really excited about.

Yes, that means I'll be reading selections from The Bedside Guide to No Tell Motel. Come on out. It'll be HOTTTTT.

1 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger LoveandSalt said...

Oh, I wish I could be there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home