Thursday, February 02, 2006

Three Thoughts in One Day!

The fact that at one point studio executives deemed the untalented and unattractive Ben Affleck the #1 leading man did not ruin all cinema for me as a frequent moviegoer. Sure, it ruined a few movies. Sure, I thought he was unworthy. Academy Award? What the fuck ever. Did his friendship with Kevin Smith give him an "unfair" advantage when Miramax decided to go with "Goodwill Hunting?" In the end, does any of this matter?

I still go to the movies. I just avoid his. People do the same thing with books.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger David HG said...

Fourth thought: I just read through your entire exchange with Seth, and admit I now have a HUGE crush on you. (So does my mistress, but that's for another day.) I totally dig your blunt, pissy musings that cut to the quick and cut most people off their pedestals.

Ooops...if you ever publish me in the future or I you(strokes chin, dreaming), the foetries of the world will duly note this post and my early stage suckings up.

Whatever.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger David HG said...

Crush over. (They're quick like that.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home