Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ten Tomorrow

Tomorrow is Chris and my 10 year anniversary. Yes, thank you for your congratulations. Yes, this does make me an expert on all things marriage. Yes, the secret to a successful marriage can be yours for the low-low price of $12.99. Everything I know about a happy home is in there.

The traditional anniversary gift is Tin or Aluminum -- but apparently there's a "modern" guide and for us modern folk -- and 10 years is Diamond Jewelry! And next year? Fashion Jewelry! And in modern times I only have to be married for 20 years to get Platinum. I'm half way there.

But really, Chris is truly the modern one working with computers -- it makes sense for him to follow the modern guide and purchase diamond jewelry, but I'm a poet and that's awfully old-fashioned, been around for eons, so I think I'll be true to myself and honor the old ways.

Nothing says thank you for the last 10 years like a tasty gift tin.

9 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

many more to you both! Together, that is-

I'll be doing 25 this June- still silver, I see- so much for 'modern'.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger François Luong said...

Congratulations! There is some hope in the world!

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that in this state, giving him that present would give him grounds to divorce you and absolve him of any potential alimony payments.

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger jwg said...

I wasnt even born 10 yrs ago

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Patty said...

Happy anniversary! And many more.
Patty

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger shanna said...

hooray for love. happy anniversary.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

happy anniversary!

d

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Emily Lloyd said...

Wow, in the modern guide you get a watch after 15 years. Sounds suspiciously like working for the government.

Congratulations, and what Francois said.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Late to the party as usu. Congratulations and best wishes for many more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home