Monday, April 24, 2006

This is the Stuff that Makes Me Mad

I'm with Gideon all day everyday -- practically always. Chris goes out of town on a regular basis -- sometimes for days at a time. When he comes home and asks "Did Gideon do anything special while I was gone?" the answer is usually something like "He pooped three times on Tuesday."

But when I go out of town, it's baby milestone time. When I went to Miami for the MiPO reading I got a text message informing me that Gideon was crawling. When I went to Delaware for an evening, I got a phone call informing me that he was creeping (walking with the aid of holding on to furniture). Last night while waiting to board my plane at LaGuardia, I received a text message saying he took his first steps -- at an Easter dinner (Russian Orthodox) -- in front of 30 of his closest friends -- confirming my suspicions that he's been able to walk for some time, but waiting for the right moment so I'd miss it.

I'll be at Burlesque tonight. I imagine Gideon will do a pirouette and perfectly pronounce razzmatazz at his grandmother's.

Oh, it's OK. Everytime something like this happens I get to hear all about it and that's just like being there to experience it.

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

Gid pooped THREE times???!!!

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

yeah- my son wrote a novel once when I was gone- he was four so it was pretty short.

so was he, back then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home