Thursday, June 22, 2006

I Lack the Magic Number

"Sometimes I get tired of feeding the machine." -- Anne Boyer

Lately I'm hesitant to post anything that mentions any part of my life because I don't have the energy or desire to deal (or even receive) certain types of responses. Are such responses, as somebody e-mailed last week, just to be expected? Probably. I suppose I bristle from the "she was asking for it" attitude. A blogger, blogging, with comments!

Am I walking through the bad part of town in a bikini pinned with hundred dollar bills?

The question is keeping me mum.

Should I make up stories portraying me as more sympathetic and identifiable? Hey, the mortgage is due so I've been turning tricks behind the grocery store. I'm a $50 handjob poet of the people!

No, that's not helping. Not one bit.

Somebody is offended that I wrote "handjob." Somebody is offended that I wrote it as one word, instead of two. Somebody is offended that I'd charge $50. Who the hell do I think I am, anyway?

Who the hell indeed.

13 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger C. Dale said...

Strangely, I understand what you are saying. I have had similar thoughts lately. Not sure what the answer is or should be.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger sam of the ten thousand things said...

Maybe part of the dilemma is the war between saying to say and saying to be heard. My guess is that your fuel is saying to say.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Paul said...

$50 seems extremely reasonable to me.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Jeannine said...

It's your blog, do what you want, say what you want. No one is forced to read it, right?

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger shanna said...

i'm with charles, and also with paul. ;)

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

what they all said- I find I'm withdrawing from people right now

maybe it's the heat-haze-humidity

a handjob is all anybody is getting from me today-

and they better have exact change

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A poet of the people wouldn't have a mortgage.

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Handjobs are 50 bucks these days?

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

yep- $50- unless you qualify for the senior discount-

the best use of the AARP card so far!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Umm . . . what's wrong with saying 'handjob' (handjob! handjob! handjob!); and isn't it one word?

You can turn off comments for certain posts -- but you're free to write whatever you want (but bear in mind the recent libel cases against bloggers).

I think whoever complained about that needs a handjob!

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AARP has been sending me invitations since I was 22. I was even a member for a year once. I guess I'll have to renew.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I stopped writing on my blog about my personal life a long time ago. I already have a reputation of being a bitch. Why would I want to tarnish that. My mother says that once you have a reputation you can just go to sleep. Nothing is going to change it.

I am happy with that.

I think it works and it allows who I really want in my life to come in.

Didi

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

what they said

 

Post a Comment

<< Home