Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Next Battleground

Friday I packed away all the bottles, nipples, the bottle warmer, the bottle rack, the nipple brushes and all other paraphernalia. They're not coming back.

I forgot what my kitchen counter looked like. When I walk into my kitchen I feel 100 times better not seeing that clutter.

The sippy cup battles have been raging for several months and now I've declared all out war. Gideon doesn't like sippy cups, but will accept one if someone else holds it while he drinks. I've received reports that he's held sippy cups when Chris and I aren't around.

Gideon denies these reports.

If you can open the bathroom door and sneak attack your poor unsuspecting father, you can hold your own damn sippy cup.

You're not the boss of me!

Oh, but I am. The only reason I signed up for this was so I could have someone of my very own to boss around.

And guess what, your thirst is on my side.

3 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger early hours of sky said...

You're brilliant and if this work could you please teach my daughters to sleep in their own damn bed;)

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger RL said...

I set up an electric fence around my bed. Keeps off both Gideon & the cat!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

arright!!! excellent mothering- electricity and deprivation!!!

I take cues from the Morticia Addams childcare book "Killing Your Darlings"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home