Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Difficult Decisions of the Mommy Blogger

I've been debating whether or not to post this photograph for fear it may expose a dangerous part of my son's psyche to the entire world. Notice the Teletubbies up against the wall like they're on an episode of COPS? We don't allow Gideon to watch COPS. He used to throw his teletubbies in the laundry basket, but now we're finding them like this every morning -- always face against the wall. Somebody asked if maybe he was re-enacting a time-out. We haven't started time-outs yet, he's too young.

I know I need to have a conversation regarding this -- I just don't know exactly what the conversation needs to be.

5 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger C. Dale said...

Not psyche, my dear Reb, but Physics. The teletubbies are that way because that is the way they will stay like that! If Gid turned them face forward, they would bend "at the hip" and then fall into the playpen/crib. He has discovered that facing them to the wall allows them to stand and he has, therefore, replicated it. Nothing psycho here. In fact, quite the opposite. It shows he has a quickly developing grasp of mechanics (not car mechanics but mechanics as in physics).

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger RL said...

Wait, so you're saying this isn't a sign that he'll grow up and shoot the president to impress an actor? This is very good news. Thank you, because I've been looking everywhere and can't find a straight jacket in his size.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Radish King said...

He turned them toward the wall because they told him to eat glass and talk to Satan.

If I were you'd, I'd leave them alone.

 
At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always found that, in a pinch, the car seat was a suitable straight-jacket stand in. With many an over-sized grin I strapped my toddler down- and not only is it legal- it's required by law. See, the government knows all toddlers talk to Satan.

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet he just doesn't want those creepy buggers looking at him while he sleeps!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home