Monday, February 12, 2007

Half-Assed Recap

I've been meaning to blog about last week's Atlanta reading, but haven't found much time these past few days. Luckily since I waited long enough, other people did it for me.

Reviews of the reading:

"I almost want to say they were delightful, but Reb would probably make a face at me calling her "delightful." How about "sexy bitches?""
-- Collin Kelly

"Carly has done something kind of brazen. She has imagined a voice, a spirit and a body. She has made a book out of moments and images. There’s God in there, and loss… but the book isn’t heavy handed, and so the spirit and sadness are more real. More poetry."
--Laurel Snyder at Jewcy

------------

Famous poets in attendance: Collin Kelly, Laurel Snyder, Ashley VanDoorn, Laura Carter and Julie Bloemeke.

------------

My Atlanta Fashion Disasters
Wore a long cream sweater over a black shirt and skirt -- the sweater pilled everywhere and I was disgraceful, fuzzy mess. Even the (black) strap of my messenger bag was covered.

I lost one the diamonds in my engagement ring.

That's right boys, I'm 1/6th single! Start sketching your homemade Valentines.

Acceptable this week only: rhyming love poems.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

I liked the sweater. I thought is was very boho, Annie Hall-ish. You didn't look fuzzy to me.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

Fuzzy, slutty, soaked in wine
Here's my poem, Valentine.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger RL said...

Thank you! I was starting to feel quite dowdy and unloved.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Anthony Robinson said...

Ah Ashley!

I hope she is well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home