Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Wasn't permitted take pictures in the Black Madonna House (Museum of Czech Cubism) or during the tour of The Municipal House, therefore I will post more pictures from The Toy Museum in the Castle from Sunday. It's been overcast and raining the entire week. Not that I'm complaining. What I am complaining about are my wussy thin-soled boots that can't protect my cupcake feet from the mean cobblestones -- everything is cobblestone here. Yesterday I broke down and purchased a pair of moon boots. Now I can walk on flaming spikes. Another thing I'm gonna complain about: dinner last night. Not the dinner specifically, the meal was great, paid for by one of Chris' nice vendor friends, and we ordered two bottles of wine and dessert and it was totally Czech fancy. What I'm complaining about is table of gnarled, grizzled douche nozzles who complained about us being loud. See, we really weren't being loud, sure the guys had hearty laughs, but it was all behaved and nobody was drunk -- and we could hear the other table's conversation too -- besides, they were totally in my line of view, but I had the decency not to complain about being subjected to ugliness. I didn't fly through an ice storm all the way from Reston Fucking Virginia so I could gaze on Mr. Liverspot's shushing prune face, but it's something I had to deal with and I was big enough to take it in stride. I mean really, you step outside your house and go into the public sphere, you're going to have to tolerate a certain level of human behavior. Jovial nerds chuckling in a restaurant is not a particularly egregious offense. Trust me, I've witnessed and in a few cases committed egregious offenses.

But hey, look at these freaky toys:











Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were they serving rigatoni?
http://www.answers.com/topic/hunky-culture

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember to call those hunky geezers bubba, they'll take the hint.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger shanna said...

jealous b/c you were having more fun than they were, obviously.

the toy museum really looks awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home