Thursday, March 15, 2007

Doing all that last minute stuff one needs to do before leaving the country. Called the credit card company last night to let them know of my travel-- last time they shut off my card thinking it was stolen. They took my information, but said I had to call back today because the people who handle vacation overrides weren't in until the morning. I was annoyed, but glad I did. Apparently the person I spoke with last night set up the card to work in Paraguay.

Yesterday I recorded some poems and an interview for an upcoming Poetry Foundation project -- a walking poetry tour of Washington, DC. I'm going to be the Dupont Circle poet. Yee-haw. The foundation must have read here last week that I'm planning on giving them all my poetry wealth.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Ivy said...

Bon voyage! :-)

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

They cut off my card when I was in London last year. I callled them up from the hotel lobby and told them I had a hooker waiting to get paid. The woman who took the call was trying so hard not to laugh that we both started giggling.

The Poetry Foundation is calling you now? Elitist, globe trotting, Ruth Lilly licker.

;-)

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have a WONDEFUL time!

I'm giving the foundation all my money, too- I'm a genuine texas oil heiress! (okay- I get about $100 a year- but it could get better!)

I'd be proud to be a Ruth Lilly licker with reb!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger The Marpepps! said...

First of all - haha, on the Paraguay instead of Prague. Doesn't that give you so much comfort to know that they are in charge of your credit??

Secondly, the walking tour sounds like fun. I am now officially a DC permanent resident, so I'm delighted to hear of such things.

Have a great trip to Paraguay ;) !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home