Sunday, March 25, 2007

Weekend Bits

I'm pretty sure CNN reporter John King was on our plane back from Frankfurt. Recognized him sitting in business class as I boarded the plane. I gawked a good long time, even after he shot me a wtf? look. He's shorter and grayer than he looks on TV. Everybody is shorter and grayer in real life.

Chris was skeptical -- but at baggage claim there were silver equipment cases with "Property of CNN" stickers. Again, why he ever doubts me, I do not know.

* * *

On our trip I noticed Chris' jeans were all pretty ratty so last night we went to the Lucky Jeans store -- they're one of the few makers of an x-long jean (Chris has a '38 inseam). The store had one pair in his size, a different cut that he's used to -- leaner. He wasn't sure if he wanted them or not, but then Gideon sneezed so Chris wiped Gideon's nose using his bare hand and then directly onto the jeans he was trying on -- right in front of 2 salesmen -- so guess what? We bought the jeans.

Yeah, I know.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger Lynn Green said...

Interesting blog but you complain a bit too often.

Surely, something positive is happening in someone able to travel extensively as much as you seem to be able to do.

Love the poetic spirit you show!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger RL said...

My poetic spirit enjoys complaining and my blog supports and embraces all of my poetic spirit's desires.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Yeah, you complain too much. I want sunshine from you, Livingston. Sunshine, you hear me?

But I could totally do without your poetic spirit.

Just sayin'....

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger RL said...

Paul -- I think somebody shone some sunshine up my butt a few years back. I'll look around for it, but give me some time -- it's a big space.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Paul said...

I was about to say I'd help you look but then even I realized how inappropriate that was....

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger RL said...

If I had a nickel everytime someone offered to help look . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home