Sunday, August 05, 2007

At a family picnic on Saturday. Spent some time looking over genealogy documents one of my aunts has been collecting for years. I wasn't able to spend much time looking at any one particular item, but found a poem my great-grandfather published in a local newspaper for his first wife (it was all O Winifred and an aching soul) and an article he wrote from the Philippines during the Spanish-American War. It read like old-timey FOX News.

Oh and apparently the shirt I wore (a flowing embroidered linen blouse) gives the ILLUSION that I'm pregnant.

Not pregnant.

But a little insulted. Was under the mistaken impression beforehand that I looked cute.

Consider me disabused of that notion.

3 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

I think I have that same shirt.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Talia Reed said...

Those shirts are cute and popular right now, but I stay away from them...I'm at the age where everone is waiting for me to be pregnant again and I just know a blouse like that would give them an idea.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Jeannine said...

This is a girl-who-has-a-chest issue. I can't wear anything flowy, empire-waisted, etc, without that same issue. Goodbye, flowy sundresses - I hardly knew you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home