Thursday, August 23, 2007

They boy's shiner is almost healed. What I didn't mention was after that spectacular tricycle blowout, the one where he was sprawled on the ground with his tricycle on top of him, after the crying, the neighbor running out of her house to make sure he was OK -- he insisted on getting right back on. I said, "let's walk home" and he shook his head no no no and sat back on. So we pedaled the rest of our usual route before I chased him around the house with a wash cloth and neosporin. And he still wants to ride -- all the time, it's the first thing he asks for in the morning. He points to his head, which means "get my helmet, time to roll." I about keel over every time I see him back on that tricycle, but I'm trying not to place my anxiety onto him.

In other news, working on all the No Tell Books covers and PDF proofs. The proofing process is taking a longer time than I expected, we keep finding things. The blurbs are trickling in. Gorgeous covers -- can't wait till I can show them here. One even has a giant cock -- for real, yo! -- but I swear, it's still an elegant cover.

3 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Rik said...

Bah. Cocks on poetry book covers are just so 2005.

Good to hear the kid's recovered. When I was learning to ride a bike my mother loosened the nuts on my stabiliser wheels (without telling me, of course), then told me not to cry when they - and I - fell off.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger RL said...

Rik, nice cock -- I guess they were a lot smaller back in 2005. NTB's is all about the super-size.

Oh -- and your mom sounds hardcore. I should take the lesson.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger shanna said...

cool--can't wait to see 'em. i'm working on my fall books too. bizzy bizzy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home