Wednesday, February 27, 2008

For the Sake of Clarity

The below post is making fun of my recurring situation of being the "weird lady with goofy ideas regarding the interwebs and self-publishing" at these types of conferences.

While she might be annoying, it's important to once in a while invite your Jell-O obsessed aunt to dinner and endure her pointing out how you're doing everything wrong. Yes, the whole time you're counting the minutes until you can stick her back on a bus for home. But your other choice is going to hell for being neglectful to the old crone, cause no matter what, she's still family.

I am always grateful when these conferences invite me to participate even though they don't really like my Jell-O salad and secretly wish I'd be civilized and instead bake some God damn chocolate chip cookies.

I'm not in any way dissing the conference or anyone involved. I would not participate or promote anything I thought was a waste of time or not valuable. Just because I disagree with someone, driving them into a pooh-flinging rage, does not mean I'm dissing them. I merely disagree. When I'm referred to as the No Tell Ho-tail -- now that's a diss! But nobody has ever called me that. I just made it up to get attention. I'm trying to get your attention. Do I have your attention?

Good, register for the conference.

4 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger C. Dale said...

I just registered. You better get me published all over the place!

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.

I am the contrarian among my MFA alum group.

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps.

Thank you for "poo-flinging rage." I kind of have a crush on the phrase "poo-flinging."

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

I wish I could be there for the poo-flinging...covered in a plastic tarp of course. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home