Monday, March 24, 2008

My suspicions were confirmed: CW undergrads are way more laid back and inquisitive. Had a really good talk today at CMU. First I read and discussed some of my poems from Your Ten Favorite Words at Jim Daniels' poetry workshop, then I gave an informal DIY publishing talk in the fancy new Creative Writing Center. The center didn't exist when I was a student there -- when I was a kid, I had to nap in Hunt library! I brought a bag full of chapbooks, books and journals so folks could see a bunch of different ways micropresses were going about publishing. Then I explained how I did things at No Tell.

Gideon split his afternoon between Pittsburgh Google office with Chris (conveniently located on the CMU campus) and at the CMU Computer Science department. My dad gave him the tour -- except for the machine room, cause Gideon is a notorious button pusher.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Just like his mama then. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home