Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Today was Gideon's preschool orientation. I guess he's all grown up cause he didn't want Chris and me anywhere near him. He wanted us to "wait in the car" while he went into the school by himself - a school he's only been inside once, many months ago and I kinda doubt he remembers. To his horror, we went into the building with him and once we got into the classroom he asked me to stand on the other side of the room. The other kids weren't doing this, for the most part, they were staying close to their parents.

He's only 3 and already we embarrass him.

Last night was the parent orientation where they informed us that the boy's room only has one toilet and the rest are urinals so if our son wasn't familiar with urinals, be sure to introduce him. Well I don't know nothing about no urinals, so Chris took an hour off of work to show him. I don't know, Gideon's been potty trained for like a month, I feel like pushing the concept of aiming is asking a lot, but maybe it's ideas like that are what make me so god damn embarrassing to be around.

That or my Bon Jovi tee.

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

As long as he doesn't pinch a loaf in the urinal, everything should be fine.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Diane Lockward said...

I'm trying to visualize the field trip your husband and Gideon went on to acquire this enviable skill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home