Friday, December 05, 2008

I'm sicker and every time I go outside I get worse. I believe I ate a delicious meal last night, but I'm not sure since I couldn't taste it. I'm meeting Heidi later this afternoon, so I'm staying in bed, gathering my strength, until then. Yesterday I trekked out to the National Museum to discover it's closed! So I went to the National Gallery next door, I liked the Finnish painting exhibit the best, but admit yesterday I wasn't much up for art. Are poets allowed to say that? Turns out I missed the Yeats Museum by a week. Bastards!

Afterward I went to the Christ Church where I prayed, wrote down my prayer and lit a candle. So I should be all squared away on that front. Thank God. Then I went down into the crypt which was pretty awesome. I decided I could live in a crypt and last night dreamed of a young lady vampire who didn't remember that she was a vampire and was surprised when her hand lit on fire when sunlight touched it. Maybe my prayers are already being answered.

Tomorrow is Saturday and Chris doesn't have to work meaning he will be blessed with me by his side all day long. Now looking over these websites, I'm thinking the part of the National Museum I'm most interested in seeing is actually open. Well, if that's the case, you know what we'll be doing tomorrow. I've been more than a little confused in Dublin. I'm not sure if it's the poorly marked, twisty streets or delirium from my cold. Thank God (again) that "Look Left" is painted on every crosswalk, else I'd be road patty. Luckily every time I pull out a map, a darling Irishman arrives to my rescue. Darling Irishman vampires? Maybe tonight I'll meet Angel.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Ivy said...

They don't believe in street signs in Dublin. I would also recommend hot chocolate from Butler's. (Address: 24 Wicklow Street Dublin 2)

In Amsterdam, there's the Gregorian chanting at this church, if you're up for another religious experience.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger RL said...

Thanks Ivy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home