Friday, May 01, 2009

The Jackal has Landed

There are aspects of this blog I no longer enjoy.

For a while I've considered calling it quits, but on the other hand, there are parts that I do enjoy. Sometimes I feel like this space is more of a clearing house. I feel like I created certain expectations and an obligation to write about certain things, in a particular way. It's not what I want to do on my blog anymore. I understand that these are self-imposed constraints, but I'm having a tough time shaking them.

So I started a new blog here, a fresh start. If you're a reader of this blog, I hope you'll read and appreciate the new one. If you don't care for it, that's OK, don't read it. Just don't tell me that you wish I'd go back to doing this one. I'm sort of exhausted by it.

The archive of Cackling Jackal will remain up indefinitely. If you're interested in topics I've written about in the past, like publishing, you can still reference it all here. There's a handy search box in the top left corner.

If you're interested in No Tell updates and news, please bookmark or add the No Tells blog to your RSS Feed. I won't be posting that information on my new personal blog.

I also maintain the No Tell Twitter page where I post poetry-related links and the occasional pithy comment. You can bookmark or add that to your Twitter feed.

Thanks for the good times.

More good times here.

5 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger WS Poetry said...

Hooray for new starts everywhere! Look forward to following the new blog. Nic

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger DeadMule said...

What a brilliant way to make a clean break. Best of luck polishing and editing your book. Helen

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Okay, I've blogrolled your new home and taken this one off. Looking forward to the next phase of La Livingston.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Jessie Carty said...

Gonna update my RSS feed :) good luck with a fresh start!

 
At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visited your blog for the first time today. Happy new beginning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home