Thursday, April 22, 2004

RFs, [cont.]

Sam responds to Chad's comment:

"I took the quotes to mean "love", if such a thing actually exists at all. . .

"As opposed to "love", in the sexual sense. . .

"Because if that's what you mean, then you are just saying "I can't imagine sexual love without sex" which doesn't really say anything about the sort of relationship Rebecca is talking about.

"But I gather what you mean is you can't imagine having strong emotional feelings for a non-related female that do not have a sexual component. Right?"


Chad's response:

"Exactly.  I guess you understood all along, and were just busting my gonads."

My response:

Let's not forget about the whole "romance" component, which is different than "strong emotional bonds". I have strong emotional bonds with you, Sam, but our relationship is along the lines of bossy big sister/pesky little brother. Nothing romantic about that. A romantic friendship is different than a close friendship. Take for instance, my fictional romantic friendship with Jon Bon Jovi. We correspond a few times a month in the form of glorious love letters. He expounds on how holding his new guitar is just like me singing in his arms. I tell him how on a walk I spotted a daffodil that reminded me of the highlights in his hair. Occasionally we meet and give each other pedicures and then snuggle watching our favorite movie, Gladiator. We both share the utmost respect for the romantic warrior and appreciate how Maximus cannot consummate his feelings towards the beautiful Lucilla. This is because we can never consummate our feelings because I'd never tap a rock star for fear of contracting an STD and the whole "I'm married so I don't fuck" thing. We'll continue our romantic friendship for decades, until one of us passes. The other will appear at the funeral and can weep openly for there is no guilt to be had.

Unless you follow Kirk Cameron's brand of the Ten Commandments, if that's the case you might as well tap that because you've already broken every commandment and God is very very angry with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home