Friday, May 21, 2004

No Free Trip For Me

Chris just got word that Worldcom . . . er MCI, in an attempt to save costs, cancelled the awards ceremony for the "elite Chairman's Inner Circle" (trying not to roll my eyes when I write that -- didn't Angel and his crew wipe them all out in the series finale?). Hey, I understand, it's tough to keep money in ole bank account when you have to constantly pay out multi-million dollar golden parachute packages to executives who've been with the company for a whopping 6 months. Like one time, I spent $180 on a pair of Coach sandals which meant I couldn't buy food or pay my electric bill. I spent the week walking around in the dark muttering, "I might not be able to see, but I think I'm getting thinner. Vogue pose!" OK, see that's a lie. I got a big tax check last month, paid all of my bills and then splurged on a pair of frivolous shoes (that I believe to have magical powers) -- they literally make me 5 inches taller.

Oh and no, I don't have an MBA or business degree or anything like that but I could understand how my example of money management might lead you to believe that.

So, no Puerto Rico for us in July. That's OK, I didn't want to hang out with a bunch of his work dorks anyhow. Freakin' nerds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home