Thursday, May 20, 2004

Forward

Yes, I did get out of bed this morning. Everything is going to be OK. I just need to keep telling myself that.

I'm finishing up reading Border of a Dream: Selected Poems by Antonio Machado (translated by William Barnstone). I still haven't wrote the review for that or the Nichita Danilov book, but I will tonight (crossing fingers). Also have to make a pair of chandelier earrings for a customer so I can clear off all the beading stuff from my dining room table. My mother is arriving Saturday for Tender Button's commencement. Oh yeah, and house cleaning and grocery shopping, I need to be doing a bunch of that. I should get a t-shirt that says "Bad Housewife." Do I consider myself a "housewife" someone once asked? I don't know, I'm married, I write and run my jewelry business from home. I'm a wife who doesn't drive to an office every morning. Make your own call, I don't really care. I refer to myself as a "poet" and that gets me enough bizarre glances so I'm not too sensitive. Call me a "kept woman" if it makes you feel superior. Just don't refer to my "life of leisure" like a certain family member once did. That pisses me off.

Now back to my "secret" project. Hopefully I'll have something to announce later this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home