Saturday, July 24, 2004

Apology for Sucking

Over dinner this evening I was lamenting to Chris about how sluggish I've been feeling this past month and how I haven't created squat these past couple of weeks -- not even a decent blog posting. Chris quickly agreed and added that lately my blog has been "flat and not particularly interesting." He's absolutely right. If I'm looking for excuses, I don't have to go too far. It's the summer, I'm distracted, I haven't been feeling well, I'm still suffering from my post-Sam withdrawl and I've been busy getting my secret project ready for its unveiling. (Are you sick of me teasing you with this stuff yet? Won't be much longer, one of my cohorts called today and updated me on a few things. It's looking like second week of August.)

Now that the obvious has been established, let me apologize, dear reader, for whatever drivel I've been imposing on you. Excuses suck and excuses don't excuse suckitude. I resolve not to suck, or at the very least, to suck a lot less. [Insert joke here, Al]

Here's my plan for the next few weeks:

* Write poems.
* Finish reading the journals for NewPages and write the reviews.
* Expose my evil secret project and get the word out.
* Figure out a topic and start writing a longer review-type piece for an online journal that recently rejected my poems, but solicited this piece. Definitely not my worst rejection.
* Complete my application for Virginia Commission for the Arts fellowship.
* Send out poetry submissions.
* Write more thoughtful and less suckful blog posts.

6 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you finally got your pictures up! Speaking of up, that old dude looks like he's having quite a time!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Anthony Robinson said...

It's okay to suck from time to time. I've been sucking blogwise lately too. I've also been sucking dissertationwise. Your pictures are sweeeeeet. I like Target.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger RL said...

It's a brand new statue of Robert E. Simon, Jr, founder of Reston. To get the "hey baby effect" for the photographs I pretended I was talking to my cat:

"You're such a big boy, oh yes you are, a big furry boy!"

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Abulsme said...

Sam withdrawal huh? Sorry about that again. :-( You going to visit sometime? We have a beach! And hey, my blog has been sucking much more than yours! (I know, I know, should have taken Chris's offer to host it until I had broadband again...) I've had a few things I wanted to blog about, and it has been a little frustrating! Oh well!

I'm looking forward to the reenergized blog and the secret project and everything!

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Founder of Reston, eh? If you read a news story about someone taking a dump in his lap, it probably won't be me, but the thought did occur to me.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger RL said...

"Sam withdrawal" is a metaphor for something profound.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home