Monday, November 15, 2004

Noms

No Tell Motel's Pushcart Prize nominations have been made and the 6 poets have been contacted. This is our first time making nominations so I'm not really sure what (if anything) happens next. I received some much appreciated guidance from Zach at Octopus and Didi at MiPo so I feel fairly confident that our nominations are complete.

I'll announce them here soon. These were difficult decisions, there was at least one poem from each contributor that I felt worthy of a nomination, but it's the job of editors to make these tough calls. So Molly and I did. Next year is going to be more ludicrous because we'll have an entire year of (260) poems to distinguish from. It's most likely going to come down to gifts and favors and yes, I mean those kinds of favors.

I got a letter from the Maryland EZ Pass people informing me that I failed to pay a $2 toll in September. It's true. While driving home from the Dodge suckfest I wasn't paying close attention and got into the wrong lane. I have a VA Smart Tag pass which as of the end of October now works in the EZ Pass lanes, but this was September and it didn't work, and I knew that, but by the time I figured out what I was doing it was too late and it seemed smarter to just truck on through than to stop and cause an accident.

Tomorrow I plan on attending a poetry reading in Georgetown. I'm going to do my damnest not to commit any more moving violations or break any laws. But I can't make promises -- the last two readings I've attended I've been unable to follow the rules. Or as some might say, been unable to demonstrate the competence to operate an automobile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home