Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Where's the Love?

I got one of those "kind" rejections today. It was one of those letters that let you know they really did read your manuscript and they still didn't want it. It said "We found it [Home-Schooled by a Cackling Jackal manuscipt] very funny in parts, with great titles, and a clear voice; but ultimately we decided against it as a full-length book."

I assume they meant they decided against publishing it as a full-length book, but perhaps I'm going too easy on myself. Perhaps they really did mean what they wrote, that it doesn't pass the test as a full-length book.

So I ask again, who are the chubby-chasing editors lacking in scruples and integrity? I really want to introduce myself and my manuscript to those guys.

2 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger RL said...

I'd like a rejection letter that pointed out the obvious, such as: "What were you thinking? You wasted your best years in an MFA program when could have been stripping!"

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll keep clicking your ads then!

Maybe we could finally publish our collaborative work, "Lloyd Fletcher Rides Volcano". Sex sells!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home