Monday, December 06, 2004

Evening

Working on January No Tell galleys while listening to a neat mix CD I received in the mail from Laura. Toto, "Hey Jude" in Czech, Radiohead . . . thanks Laura!

Another Laura wrote to me today and said that I probably think Richard Wilbur's poems are "effete and sterile." I had to admit I don't have a single opinion about Richard Wilbur. I know I've read some of his poems in anthologies, but I've never done any in-depth reading of his work and well, basically I'm blank. The funny thing is that I have no desire to run out and prove her right or wrong. I'm damn tired lately. One more thing for my 2005 To Do List.

I'm waiting for a telephone update on my grandmother who last I heard was having surgery tonight (or perhaps tomorrow). Not sure if there will be a last minute trip to Pittsburgh. It seems like a lot of people in my family are suddenly having medical problems. So many that I'm having a diffcult time remembering who to inquire about after what test or doctor visit.

1 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Anthony Robinson said...

Hey Jude is the worst of all Beatles songs.

Maybe it's better in Czech.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home