Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Inaug

Over the past couple days at least five people have asked me if I'm attending the inauguration tomorrow. I always go, no matter who's elected because I enjoy attending historical celebrations and D.C. has a lot of them. Of course, the folks who've been asking if I'm going tomorrow haven't spent any time with me recently, else they'd know I can't even stand in shower for more than a couple minutes and "walking" these days is a trip from the car into the store or my front door to my mailbox.

But yes, I'm bummed about the things I'm not up for doing right now and the things I won't be doing this spring (AWP Vancover to name just one). This evening I was feeling nostalgic and went through Sam's pics of the 2001 inauguration. Sam, Al and I stood in the rain together. Chris was supposed to go with us, but wasn't feeling well that morning and wussed out. Pussy. Ricky Schroeder really was waving just at me. I blew him a kiss, he saw, made eye contact, nodded, waved, the whole deal. Not quite as orgasmic as the back rub I got from Tom Brokaw in 1993 on the White House lawn, but damn close. Like I said, I'm all for historical moments.

Other pictures I found on Sam's site (I'm linking because I can't seem to get them to appear here):

April 6, 1996 -- Me with some lady I'll be making a grandmother in a few weeks

April 6, 1996 -- Some munchkin trying to take me to see the wizard

April 6, 1996 -- Abulsme and Phatback! Young, thin and virile. But poor

5 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Abulsme said...

Oops! When I get home again I'd better get those pages into the current template! They are old and unfixed! :-)

I wish I'd been able to go this year. Oh well! :-(

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Abulsme said...

OK. Fixed those pages so they look acceptable. All you Cackling Jackal fans can go there now. :-)

[Not all the links FROM those pages are good though... but it will do for now.]

That Inauguration is I believe also where the famous PhatBack "My Ass" picture comes from.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Abulsme said...

Ah, of course it is.

http://www.abulsme.com/pics/2001/01/p1200028.html

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can confirm that Ricky Schroeder did specifically acknowledge you. Also, that is where the My Ass picture comes from. And I'm sure you're speaking of Samulsme when you say thin and me when you say virile. I have a picture from that wedding and I was fat as a fucker.

Speaking of back rubs, don't forget that one you got at Caeser's AC. Somebody needed a cigarette after that one.

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told a coworker your Ricky Shroeder story and she totally one upped me by telling of her friend's affair with Englebert Humperdinck. The friend was about 20 and he was in his mid-50s. My coworker was even present while the friend got screamed on by Mrs. Humperdinck, in front of a teenage daughter.

TB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home