Monday, March 21, 2005

Weekend

My dad and stepmother were down from Pittsburgh visiting and meeting Gideon for the first time this weekend. Also, I've been sick for the past week. That's why I haven't been blogging much, but I'll make a better effort this week. Hopefully I won't get booted off of C. Dale's blogroll for lameness.

As for the swing, I'm not going to jinx myself like I have in the past by writing here how wonderful it is. I'm not going to do that.

My goal for this afternoon is to work on No Tell galleys and read submissions. The reading period has only been open for six days and already we have a big (virtual) stack of them.

Oh, and I see I haven't fooled anyone into believing I actually read Fahrenheit 451. As Josh pointed out: I think some people have been misled by this question: in the novel, this doesn't mean a book to be burned but a book that a resistance member chooses to memorize and thus "become."

Yep.

2 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Radish King said...

All those questions just scared the crap out of me. Especially the crush on a fictional character question which gave me the SHIVERS considering that I'm secretly married to a composer who's been dead for 149 years.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Emily Lloyd said...

If it makes you feel any better, after reading various responses to the question that I thought mistakenly simply referenced heat (Dante's Inferno, for ex--a perfectly legitimate "correct" answer), I wrote on my stick post: "I think Reb's got the right idea here; these books are gonna burn."

And I did read the book.

yrs,
em

 

Post a Comment

<< Home