Sunday, April 17, 2005

Odd Ends

Had my second pilates session this morning. Surprisingly, not sore. They must be going easy on me. The yoga instructors will not be so soft on me this week when I resume classes.

Pushed the stroller around Lake Anne today.

Went to Tyson's and tried on clothes. Hadn't been that depressed in a changing room since my miserable AOL days. I bought this shirt in olive and this skirt in black.

Up tonight reading No Tell subs. Sub reading pet-peeve #1: folks who only send one poem. Aside from the obvious these people have never looked at our site or even bothered to read the guidelines, who the hell sends only one short poem anywhere? We get several of these types of subs a week. I used to take the time to explain the guidelines but now I just send a rejection. Seriously, there are enough poets out there who take the time to familiarize themselves with our journal and guidelines. Those are the submissions I'll give my time.

Speaking of submissions, Molly and I will be sending out a special call later this week. It's an extra naughty call. Check back for details.

This Week's Wee Hour Please Go Back To Sleep Gideon Reading List:

32Poems, Vol. 3, No. 1

Effing Magazine # 3

Music and Suicide by Jeff Clark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home