Sunday, April 10, 2005

Weekend

A particulary unliterary weekend. Saturday was baby massage class, Sin City (I liked, but since I don't know much about graphic novels I'll refrain from attempting to write anything intelligent about it) and I investigated some new walking paths near the house (Gideon, hurry up and grow, I want to use that jogging stroller). We had dinner at Shamshiry, a Persian restaurant we eat at a lot (or used to). We hadn't been there since early February. All the waiters said hello and looked at my stomach, but didn't say anything. I hope they realized I wasn't pregnant anymore.

Sunday is a day of vice. This morning I went to Charles Town to play the nickel slots with my mother-in-law. I lost my shirt, bra and most of the skin off my back. That place is terrible. I don't know why I ever go there. Oh, I know why I went their today.

Gideon hasn't been sleeping well this past week. I put a CD player underneath the crib and have been playing the beautiful lullaby CD Laura Carter sent. I don't know if it's working on baby, but I fell asleep on the floor Tuesday night.

2 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I would have given anything for this book with my first son--Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, by Marc Weissbluth. Great book.

Warning: If you're into the attachment parenting school it will just piss you off.

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used "for crying out loud" a strange CD that's a collection of "white noise"--dishwasher, busy restaurant sounds, vaccuum cleaner, etc. We made copies of this CD, had it in different CD players in the house and car--not really recommended while you're driving! I don't know about lullaby music, this certain seemed to take the savage beast....

good luck! sleep dep is a bitch--you now know why they torture prisoners with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home