Tuesday, May 24, 2005

CHA CHING!

I always enjoy Roderick's blog because it's such a sweet stroll down memory lane. For instance, here he reminds me of Craig, someone I haven't thought of for a very long time. My previous cube neighbor was, all hell, I forget his name, I think it was John and John would spend the days saying "Cool, this is so cool, oh wow, is this cool." See, John always wanted me to jump up from my seat and rush over so he could show me something dumb. I'd pretend I was so immersed in my work that I couldn't hear him. When they moved John to another cube and put Craig in his spot I was ecstatic. Initially. While Craig never felt the need to show me anything he would yell out CHA CHING every fifteen minutes or so. CHA CHING! Occasionally he'd yell SWEET. But usually it was CHA CHING! I never quite got the context. I missed John.

Roderick has a new novel out from Spork Press, TROPIC/OF/CUBICLE. I'm definitely going to have to get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home